RULES AND REGULATIONS
FOR FACULTY AND PERSONNEL
S. Y. 2016 – 2017
A. BORROWING REGULATIONS
1. The school I. D. has to be scanned at the control desk upon entering the SLRC. Faculty members and non-teaching personnel with damaged I. D. which cannot be read by the barcode scanner are required to print their names temporarily in the logbook of SLRC users.
2. The school I. D. card must be presented at the Circulation/ Reserved Counter
every time a user borrows or returns a book or other SLRC materials.
B. LOAN PERIOD
1. Faculty members and non-teaching personnel may borrow 10 books at a time from the Circulation Section for a period of three weeks and may be renewed depending upon the demand for these books.
2. Books in the Reserve Section, particularly textbooks and other references are for SLRC use only. Faculty are encouraged to have a personal copy of the prescribed textbooks in their respective subjects.
3. Compact Discs or DVDs may be borrowed for 3 days from the
Internet Section 3 titles at a time and may be renewed.
4. Old issues of periodicals (loose copy) may be loaned out for one day only.
5. Theses, dissertations, feasibility studies and archives materials are for room use only. Photocopying/picture taking is prohibited.
6. Slides, tapes, posters, and cartographic materials may be borrowed for classroom use only for one day.
7. Any SLRC material on loan may be recalled before the due date if:
7.1 the book is to be placed on “Reserved” for a course or is to be given shorter loan period;
7.2 it is overdue;
7.3 the SLRC is conducting the mandated annual inventory.
C. OVERDUE BOOKS AND FINES
1. A corresponding fine per day, excluding Sundays and Holidays, is charged for each overdue SLRC materials.
2. Book fines shall not exceed to P1,000.00 per book.
3.To ensure prompt return of book/s or any materials, the librarian will send list of
faculty and personnel with due books to the concerned Colleges.
No faculty or personnel with record of overdue will be allowed to borrow until such overdue materials are returned.
D. LOST AND DAMAGED BOOKS
1. Every borrower must examine the book or other materials he/she borrows and
report immediately to the librarian any damage to the book, e.g., torn or missing
pages before leaving the SLRC.
2. Lost or damaged books or other materials must be replaced within a semester.
3. Lost or damaged books which are out-of-print may be replaced with a copy of the
same subject or latest edition acceptable to and approved by the librarian.
4. Any lost book must be reported immediately to the librarian so that chargeable
fine will not accumulate.
E. DISCIPLINARY MEASURES
1. All personnel are required to secure clearance from the SLRC at the end of every semester or before leaving the school for long leave of absence or upon termination of duty. List of SLRC accountabilities will be reported to the Accounting Office.
2. Faculty members are not allowed to use the SLRC as venue for classroom or discussion and other non-SLRC related activities except when the students are toured or oriented in the use of the SLRC.
3. Smoking, eating, loud conversation, use of cell phones are absolutely prohibited
other gadgets that may disrupt the operation of the SLRC may not be allowed
inside the SLRC.
4. Users leaving the SLRC should present their things for inspection to the authorized personnel assigned at the Check-out Desk.