The Network of CALABARZON Educational Institutions- Libraries Indexing Project (NOCEI-LIP) primarily exists to further support the research endeavors of the member-institutions. This research tool will provide the researchers a consolidated list of the available researches conducted and published in the institutional journals of the participating schools. It will also serve as a guide in the search for related literature and a glimpse of what are the prevailing subjects of research in the CALABARZON area. It is one of the proposed projects of the Library Committee for SY 2012-2013 that was approved by the NOCEI Board.
Subject index entries of the Research Publications of member-institutions, from 2008 to current issues as of April 2013, were solicited from the Librarians and consolidated by the working committee following a standard format. It was not easy working with this project but because of the assertiveness and determination of the Library Committee headed by Mrs. Ma. Elsa V. Guarino (LPU-Batangas), the project is now being materialized.
Out of twenty-seven (27) member-institutions only twelve (13) submitted their indexing entries. Some of which do not have Research Publications yet. This index contains 1264 subject entries. The participating institutions are the following:
- Batangas State University (BSU-Main)
- Colegio De San Juan de Letran-Calamba
- De La Salle Lipa (DLSL)
- De La Salle University-Dasmarinas (DLSU-D)
- First Asia Institute of Technology & Humanities
- Lipa City Colleges (LCC)
- Lyceum of the Philippines University (LPU-Batangas)
- Lyceum of the Philippines University (LPU-Laguna)
- Saint Bridget College (SBC)
- San Sebastian College Recoletos (SSCR-Cavite)
- University of Batangas (UB)
- University of Perpetual Help System (UPHS-Binan)
- University of the Philippines- Los Banos (UPLB)
The initial edition of this project would not have been possible without the dedicated effort of the librarians and of the working committee with its manager Lilian C. Rabino (DLSL); Assistant project manager Evelyn Nabus (Letran-Calamba); and members : Amelita Casala (UB), Marissa Agtay (SBC), and Edna Popan (DMMC). The cover was designed by Jean Razzell Gagalac (FAITH).